INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Please find below some important and useful information for your oral presentation.
Please make sure that you check the Interactive Online Programme during the Conference for any updates to your session day and time.
Speakers and oral presenters are requested to upload PowerPoint slide presentations at the AV station at the back of your session hall at least 30 minutes prior to your session. There will be a technician available to assist you during congress hours.
Please note that the Congress computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2010 (at least).
Please note the native Projection ratio in the session Halls is 16:9 – it is recommended to prepare your PowerPoint Presentation accordingly.
Note- there is one computer for uploading your PowerPoint Presentation in each Hall, therefore it is advised to do so as soon as you arrive.
Although not recommended, you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a suitable VGA or HDMI socket for external signal. Please come to check it as soon as you arrive in the session hall where your presentation is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the uploading station in the session Hall:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Rom an, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
Alternatively you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA or HDMI adaptor for external signal and come to test it as soon as you arrive in the session Hall where your Presentation is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session.
At the Session Hall
- Assemble in your session room at least 10 minutes before the beginning of the session.
- Please check the final program to confirm the date, time, room and order of your presentation.
- Ensure that you sit near the front of the room with easy access to the right hand side of the stage.
- Ensure that you keep to the time allocated to you, as it will cause disruption to sessions if you run over your allotted time.
- If there are any changes or corrections required to the presentation details, please let the Technician know as soon as possible.